Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is a favorite with fish or chicken, an easy, mild rice with a unique flavor. You can use chopped Brazil nuts to be authentic, but since I really don't like them, I use pine nuts.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (tangerine is good, also)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (or chopped Brazil nuts if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, basmati rice, salt, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, brown sugar and orange zest.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer over low heat about 40 to 45 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in pine nuts and black olives and serve.
- (It's nice to garnish with orange slices).