Top Review by Mia in Germany
Perfectly smooth, velvety mocha! I used cashew milk and strong espresso and for sweetener erythritol instead of sugar. It worked wonderfully, the liquid becomes so creamy smooth, and the sweetness is absolutely perfect for my taste, not too sweet. It's very chocolatey with the coffee a bit in the background, but that's really good! Thanks for posting this most yummy treat!
Made for Bargain Basement.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped finely
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups milk, scalded
- whipped cream, to top (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the coffee and the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over direct heat until the chocolate is melted and completely blended into the coffee.
- Mix in a few grains salt and the sugar.
- Boil for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Place the top of the double boiler over hot water in the bottom.
- Gradually mix in the scalding milk (do not boil!).
- When the mixture is near the boiling point, beat with an electric mixer until light and frothy.
- Pour into 4 cups or mugs and top with whipped cream if desired.