1/1 Photo of Brazilian Marinated Steaks With Chile Lime Sauce
Posted for ZWT7. Times do not include marinate time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 sirloin steaks, 1 1/2-inches thick
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Chile Lime Sauce
- 1For the Chile Lime Sauce:.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a mini-chopper or blender, and blend or grind until a paste is formed. (Makes about 1/2 cup).
- 3Place the steaks in a single layer in a large glass or ceramic baking dish.
- 4Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the steaks, turning to coat evenly.
- 5Cover and refrigerate, turning every couple of hours for about 4 hours.
- 6Preheat the grill.
- 7Remove the steaks from the marinade, shaking off any excess, and grill 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until done to taste.
- 8Transfer to a platter and let the steaks rest, loosely covered with foil, then serve with the chile lime sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Marinated Steaks With Chile Lime Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (886 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1311.3
- Calories from Fat 699
- Total Fat 77.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 456.0 mg
- Sodium 1488.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 125.9 g