Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just like the limeade at Rodizio Grill, a brazilian restaurant here in Salt Lake City. It is very refreshing and tangy.
- 1 lime, sliced for garnish
- 4 limes, cut into quarters
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (more or less, depending on desired sweetness)
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Slice 1 lime thinly to use as garnish on glass rims.
- Put any remaining, unused lime pieces, along with all other ingredients, into a blender.
- Add 4 cups water and blend, using the pulse function, until the limes are chopped, but not pureed. Be careful not to overblend as the pith from the lime rind will cause bitterness.
- Pour through a strainer into a pitcher or individual glasses. Add additional water to taste, if needed.
- Add ice cubes to pitcher or glasses and serve immediately.
This is certainly different from my usual lime or lemonade, but much enjoyed! Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef, spring 2014.
Not like any limeade I've ever had, but definitely delicious & well-worth making again! I look forward to making this when our weather really, really heats up, & seeing as how I live in the dessert, that's not a problem! Many thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]