I got this out of an old Pillsbury cookie cookbook. I used to make them every year--they are very good. Time for baking, does not include chill time for dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups pillsbury all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped brazil nuts or 1 cup other nuts
- solid milk chocolate kisses or semisweet chocolate piece
- 1In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients, except Brazil nuts and chocolate pieces.
- 2Blend well at low speed.
- 3Stir in 1/2 cup Brazil nuts; mix thoroughly.
- 4Chill dough for easier handling.
- 5Shape into balls, using a rounded teaspoon for each.
- 6Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 7Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven.
- 9Press a candy kiss or 5 chocolate pieces into center of each hot cookie.
- 10When chocolate has softened, spread to frost.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining chopped nuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Jubilee Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 45.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g