Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this out of an old Pillsbury cookie cookbook. I used to make them every year--they are very good. Time for baking, does not include chill time for dough.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pillsbury all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped brazil nuts or 1 cup other nuts
- solid milk chocolate kisses or semisweet chocolate piece
- In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients, except Brazil nuts and chocolate pieces.
- Blend well at low speed.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Brazil nuts; mix thoroughly.
- Chill dough for easier handling.
- Shape into balls, using a rounded teaspoon for each.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Press a candy kiss or 5 chocolate pieces into center of each hot cookie.
- When chocolate has softened, spread to frost.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped nuts.
These cookies are always such a big hit they have a different taste to them that make them wonderful my mom reqyest them all the time she loves them they are a defenite to add to ur holiday baking.