Top Review by Pianolady
Absolutely delicious! My hubby and I enjoyed this thoroughly... what a beautiful taste! After we enjoyed a glass of this topped off with some whipped cream, later in the day we added some to a regular cup of coffee and it was outstanding!! We can't wait to experiment further. Thanks for this excellent recipe!!
- 2 ounces chocolate, unsweetened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup coffee, double-strength and hot
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Coke, chilled
- whipped cream or vanilla
- ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In the top of a double-boiler over hot water, melt the chocolate squares.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Gradually stir in hot coffee, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the milk and continue cooking until all particles of the chocolate are dissolved and the mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a jar.
- Cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, stir in the chilled coke.
- Serve over ice cubes in tall glasses.
- For a beverage, top with whipped cream.
- For a dessert, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.