Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- In the top of a double-boiler over hot water, melt the chocolate squares.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Gradually stir in hot coffee, mixing thoroughly.
- Add the milk and continue cooking until all particles of the chocolate are dissolved and the mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a jar.
- Cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, stir in the chilled coke.
- Serve over ice cubes in tall glasses.
- For a beverage, top with whipped cream.
- For a dessert, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Absolutely delicious! My hubby and I enjoyed this thoroughly... what a beautiful taste! After we enjoyed a glass of this topped off with some whipped cream, later in the day we added some to a regular cup of coffee and it was outstanding!! We can't wait to experiment further. Thanks for this excellent recipe!!
Mmmmm...this was different. Worth trying, how can one know wheather one likes it otherwise. We liked it, but werenÂ´t crazy about it, like other coffee lover viewers seem to be.
So good, words cannot express! I made a lower calorie version with splenda, stirred into the chocolate-coffee mixture, 1% milk and Coke Zero. Whipped cream or ice cream does finish off the drink very nicely, but I enjoyed it plain as well. I am a coffee fiend, and will make this much too often. Am trying to justify this new addiction by telling myslef that chocolate is high in antioxidants. Thanks, Dancer, for a wonderful grown-up treat!