Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
This is excellent. I don't like the taste of coffee at all, but I could drink my weight in this stuff. It can be served as a dessert with ice cream on top instead of whipped cream if you prefer. The cook time is chill time.
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares (1 oz. each)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Coca-Cola
- crushed ice
- whipped cream or ice cream
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Stir in sugar.
- Gradually stir in hot coffee, mixing thoroughly.
- Slowly add milk and continue cooking until all particles of chocolate are dissolved.
- and mixture is smooth, about 10 minutes. Pour into jar, cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, stir in chilled Coca-Cola.
- Serve over crushed ice in tall glasses.
- For a beverage, top with whipped cream.
- For a dessert, add a scoop of ice cream.
Wow, for a coffee lover such as I am this really hit the spot. I topped it with vanilla ice cream and it was heavenly. Thanks for posting a great recipe. Prepared for My 3 Chefs game.