Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Eating Well. Posted for ZWT 7.
Make and share this Brazilian Grilled Flank Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18 g flank steaks
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small hot pepper, such as jalapeno or 1 small serrano pepper, minced
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 396.89 g can hearts of palm, drained, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 118.29 ml red onion, chopped
- 1 small hot chili peppers, such as jalapeno or 1 small serrano pepper, minced
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- Preheat grill to high.
- To prepare steak, combine garlic, hot pepper, oil and salt in a small bowl. Rub the mixture on both sides of steak.
- To prepare salsa, combine hearts of palm, tomatoes, onion, hot pepper, cilantro, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Reduce grill heat to medium and grill the steak 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak across the grain into thin pieces. Serve with the salsa.
I want to move to Brazil!! This was just outstanding - especially the salsa was incredible. The flavours were fantastic and the heart of palm just works so well. We added one thai pepper (DH made it and he is big on spice) seeds and all, and it was real spicy but not so that you could not detect the other flavours. Just perfect. We will be making this over and over for sure and it is already in my Favorites of 2011. Thank you SO much for sharing. Made for ZWT 7 - Food.Commandoes
This recipe is amazing. So much flavors. I gave it to my neighbor after giving him a bowl of this salsa. Next time we'll add more jalapeno to the salsa and steak. It was not spicy enough. I omitted the salt. A few years ago, I taste hearts of palm but didn't like it. I had to try it again with this recipe and it's really good. :) I used 3 large roma tomatoes. The taste of the taste with the salsa all together was so yummy that I told DH I'd like to go to Brazil one day :) Thanks Kim :) Made for the Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7