Recipe by che gourmet
I am posting this for all of my fans on The People's Cube and for all of the foodies at Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shelled de-veined uncooked large shrimp (16-20 count)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (divided)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 2 ounces good tequila
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground fresh chili paste (I prefer sambal oelek, found in Asian section)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups jicama (sliced matchsticks, may substitute water chestnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shrimp, 1/4 c cilantro, garlic, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and tequila in a glass bowl. Cover w/ plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet until medium hot. Cook jicama and green onions 3 minutes. Add shrimp with marinade, cook 3 minutes or until shrimps just turn pink (do not overcook), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in remaining cilantro, salt and ground chili paste. Serve over rice with extra lime wedges.
- I recommend a white Sauvignon Blanc wine or Corona Beer w/ lime wedge.