Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
From Everydaycook. com.
Top Review by erhymer
These cookies are so simple to make and as long as you have instant coffee on hand, the ingredients are staple pantry items. I was able to whip up a batch of these, have them out of the oven, and everything cleaned up in no more than half an hour. I had no trouble forming the dough into balls (my dough wasn't sticky) and flattening them with the bottom of a sugar-coated glass was super easy. I just had to re-apply a little shortening to the glass two or three times. Best of all, the cookies are delicious! Super delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix sugars, shortening, egg, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, coffee, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake until light brown about 7 to 8 minutes.