Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is one of our country's most cherished desserts. Originally from "Mais Voce" TV program.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons powdered chocolate milk mix
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a bundt pan and then dust it with granulated sugar.
- Pour all ingredients in the blender and beat them for 3 minutes.
- Pour the flan in the prepared pan and bake it in a medium-low oven in bain marie for 1 1/2 hours or until a tooth pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely, cover it with plastic foil and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- After that, carefully unmold it and serve the flan with whipped cream.
Thank you, Mr. Chocolate Flan(nigan) for your constructive criticism.
A littel more detail in the recipe would have been nice, especially for the novice. It did turn out very well, and went over at the party we were at. I'm not sure we would make it again, as it took a little while longer than expected. Here is how it went: Dump the ingredients into the blender, ran it for 3 min. Pour into bundt pan. Forgot the butter. Poured it back in the blender. Added butter, ran it for a bit. Put back in bundt pan. Forgot the vanilla. Pour vanilla into bundt pan, stir in with wooden spoon. Ok, good enough. Wait, what temp did it say? med-low. What the heck does that mean? Set the oven to 300deg fahrenheit. (Later I was told 350 might have worked better. But I was close.) Ok. Now, whats a bain marie? Float the pan in water? In the oven? You gotta be kidding. Big enough pan, I think I have something...spaghetti pan, nope too small. Wait, the turkey roaster! That will work. Ok, wait 1 hour 30 min. Its not done. Wait another hour. Still not done. Wait one more, still not done. Take it out of the %@$@*@!$ turkey roaster. Wait 20 min. more. Ok, the toothpick is mostly clean. Good enough. Cover it with aluminum foil. Go to bed. In the morning, throw it in the fridge for 2 hours before going to the party.