Recipe by Sassy in da South
Awwww the aroma will fill your house when this is cooking. I generally serve over rice, but pasta is nice too.
Top Review by LAFFY TAFFY
This is an easy, flavorful dish. My family loved it. Instead of serving the sauce over the chicken, I cooked the chicken until almost done, then cut it into cubes and finished it off in the sauce.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and coriander.
- Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet.
- Cook and stir the onion, ginger, jalapeno peppers, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- You may add additional salt and/or pepper to the sauce, if desired.
- Serve over the chicken.
- Garnish with the parsley.