Sassy in da South's Note:
Awwww the aroma will fill your house when this is cooking. I generally serve over rice, but pasta is nice too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and coriander.
- 2Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub on all sides with the spice mixture.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 4Place the chicken in the skillet.
- 5Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 6Remove from heat and set aside.
- 7Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet.
- 8Cook and stir the onion, ginger, jalapeno peppers, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender.
- 9Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes.
- 10Stir in the coconut milk.
- 11You may add additional salt and/or pepper to the sauce, if desired.
- 12Serve over the chicken.
- 13Garnish with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Chicken With Coconut Milk Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 158.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk