Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Awwww the aroma will fill your house when this is cooking. I generally serve over rice, but pasta is nice too.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and coriander.
- Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet.
- Cook and stir the onion, ginger, jalapeno peppers, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- You may add additional salt and/or pepper to the sauce, if desired.
- Serve over the chicken.
- Garnish with the parsley.
This is an easy, flavorful dish. My family loved it. Instead of serving the sauce over the chicken, I cooked the chicken until almost done, then cut it into cubes and finished it off in the sauce.
Great tasty dish. Made as written but only 3 breasts.
Hadn't found a keeper in a while, this is definately one. It was delicious. I did tweak the heat, and I'm glad I did, only 1/2 tsp of cayenne (which will be dropped to 1/4 tsp next time) and only put one jalapeno, for my own taste, it was quite spicy, but oh so good. And I went with what was in the freezer, so I did half chicken breast, half thighs, cut in pieces, and as someone suggested, heated it all up in the sauce. YUMMM!!!