Recipe by islandgirl77551
Similar to Maionese, or Brazilian Potato Salad, this is another favorite dish of mine from Brazil, my husband's home country. My favorite version was served to me 10 years ago at an authentic Brazilian restaurant in Southboro, Massachusetts called Ipanema. I rushed home and came up with this and I think its pretty darn close! This is a newly adopted recipe. I will be trying it soon. :)
Top Review by Jennifer A.
Have to emphasize waiting to add the fried potatoes until ready to serve, otherwise they'll get soggy. Also, I use the fine shredder for the carrots instead of chopped. Lawry's was a great flavor instead of regular salt too.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, poached, cooled and pulled into small shreds, not cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1 cup carrot, cooked, cooled and diced (frozen is OK, too)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced small (Gala or Fuji)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄2 cup sliced stuffed green olive
- 2 cups shoestring potatoes
- salt and pepper (sometimes I use Lawry's salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss chicken, vegetables, apple, raisins and olives in serving bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, combine, then gently salt and pepper to taste, remembering that your next step is to fold in the shoestring potatoes and you don't want it to be too salty--if you are serving later, I recommend that you add the shoestring potatoes right before you serve.
- Garnish with green olives and a few shoestring potatoes scattered on top.
- Prep time listed below assumes your ingredients are cooked, cooled and ready to mix--servings yielded depends on how hungry you are; 8 is a good guess.