Recipe by DossIBS
Picked up this recipe from WomansDay. The perfect mix of curry chicken and fresh vegetables made easy in your sow cooker. We made this and it tasted great the day we made it and absolutely amazing the next day!!! We used 12-16 Drummettes instead of drumsticks.
Top Review by lserenity
My office is having a South American themed birthday potluck so tried this recipe first on my guinea pig (hubby) and served it with rice. It was very tasty, but I recommend using at least two teaspoons of salt to really bring out the flavors. This being said, it passed the test to serve at the potluck.
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bell peppers, sliced crosswise 1 in. thick
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb yukon gold potato, cut into 1-in . pieces
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed (about 21Ãƒ 4 lb total)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker, whisk together the coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, 1⁄2 tsp salt and 1⁄4 tsp pepper. Add the bell peppers, onion and potatoes and mix to combine.
- Rub the curry powder all over the chicken legs; nestle them among the vegetables.
- Cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Sprinkle with the cilantro before serving.