When you grab this chicken off the grill and serve it with salsa, it might seem like just another marinated chicken breast. But don't be fooled—this recipe slips in a helping of ground flaxseed, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, one of the fat-fighting supernutrients from the breakthrough Diabetes DTOUR Diet. Read more: http://www.prevention.com/food/cook/diabetes-friendly-chicken-dishes/brazilian-chicken#ixzz2N090ClRr
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. GRATE the zest of the lemon and lime into a resealable bag. Squeeze the juice from both fruits into the bag and throw out the pulp and the seeds.
- 22. MIX in everything else except the chicken and chunky salsa.
- 33. DROP in the chicken, reseal the bag, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- 44. GRILL the chicken, turning and basting with marinade a few times, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink. Serve with the salsa.
- 5Read more: http://www.prevention.com/food/cook/diabetes-friendly-chicken-dishes/brazilian-chicken#ixzz2N097pVtK.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Chicken by Prevention
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 738.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning