Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
When you grab this chicken off the grill and serve it with salsa, it might seem like just another marinated chicken breast. But don't be fooled—this recipe slips in a helping of ground flaxseed, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, one of the fat-fighting supernutrients from the breakthrough Diabetes DTOUR Diet. Read more: http://www.prevention.com/food/cook/diabetes-friendly-chicken-dishes/brazilian-chicken#ixzz2N090ClRr
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 1. GRATE the zest of the lemon and lime into a resealable bag. Squeeze the juice from both fruits into the bag and throw out the pulp and the seeds.
- 2. MIX in everything else except the chicken and chunky salsa.
- 3. DROP in the chicken, reseal the bag, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- 4. GRILL the chicken, turning and basting with marinade a few times, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink. Serve with the salsa.
- Read more: http://www.prevention.com/food/cook/diabetes-friendly-chicken-dishes/brazilian-chicken#ixzz2N097pVtK.