Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quintessential Brazilian dish i found this in bon appetit, the yellow rice pack makes it easy
- 1 lb chicken thigh, skinless, boneless, cut in 1 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup yellow rice mix, with seasoning packet
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, packed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- orange wedge
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add orange peel and garlic, saute in oil over moderately low heat until lightly browned.
- add 1 cup water and the orange juice and bring to a boil.
- Add in yellow rice and seasoning packet and olives, return to a boil.
- Turn down heat to medium low and cover. Cook about 20 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir cilantro into rice mixture and garnish with orange wedges.