Recipe by DailyInspiration
A delicious citrus based dish.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
First, one little nit-pick: you will need to adjust the water to the rice. Instead of one cup of water, use the amount called for on the package, in our case, two cups. (We were warned by a previous reviewer.) Once over that hurdle, this all went together easily and it's a real flavor treat: beautiful to look at and an explosion of great flavors in the mouth. Filling like comfort food, but festive, too! Needless to say, we loved it!
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, skinless, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (check pkg. instructions taking into account juice)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package yellow rice mix (with seasoning packet)
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, halves (packed)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- orange wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and generously with ground black pepper. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, garlic, and zest; saute until chicken is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup orange juice and bring to a boil. Mix in rice, seasoning packet, and olives. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and transer to a platter. Garnish with orange wedges.