1/1 Photo of Brazilian Chicken and Black Beans and Rice
Musical Joy's Note:
Wonderful main dish 'salad' to be served cold, but it's wonderful eaten warm too. A good Mexican rice and fresh cilantro are musts. So easy - this is my favorite thing to eat for any meal! It would be good for a side dish (omitting the chicken in lieu of grilled chicken) or can be adapted for a vegetarian diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package mexican-style chicken rice pilaf mix (look for Goya, Vigo or other Mexican-style rice in the Spanish or Mexican food section of your groce)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn, canned or frozen
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced lengthwise
- 4 cups cooked diced chicken meat or 1/2 roasting chicken
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced (or made into guacamole)
- sour cream (for garnishing)
- tortilla chips
- 1Prepare the rice according to package instructions.
- 2Add the black beans, corn, scallions, olives, chicken and cilantro into the rice and toss to combine.
- 3Transfer to a platter.
- 4Garnish with the avocado slices, salsa, sour cream and tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Chicken and Black Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.8
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 137.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken rice pilaf mix