Recipe by Musical Joy
Wonderful main dish 'salad' to be served cold, but it's wonderful eaten warm too. A good Mexican rice and fresh cilantro are musts. So easy - this is my favorite thing to eat for any meal! It would be good for a side dish (omitting the chicken in lieu of grilled chicken) or can be adapted for a vegetarian diet.
Top Review by Bugeah
The whole family loved this dish! Thank you for such a great recipe. I agree that it would be better to cook the meat in some sort of seasonings for more flavor, but other than that I thought it was perfect.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagemexican-style chicken rice pilaf mix (look for Goya, Vigo or other Mexican-style rice in the Spanish or Mexican food section of your groce)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn, canned or frozen
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, sliced lengthwise
- 4 cups cooked diced chicken meat or 1⁄2 roasting chicken
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced (or made into guacamole)
- sour cream (for garnishing)
- tortilla chips