Recipe by whisks
i love these cheese puffs. they are really wonderful with drinks and gluten free to boot - something i can offer a coeliac friend so they don't feel left out like they normally do. however, i've found that everyone i've offered them to loves them. i even made them when i went to london, and now my friend there can't stop eating them (or making them either). they are really cheesey and have a great chewy texture. tapioca flour is easily obtainable from asian grocery stores and the other items are pantry staples.
- 4 cups tapioca flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F.
- Bring the milk, salt and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour onto the tapioca flour, stirring constantly until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the cheese and eggs.
- Knead until smooth.
- Roll into balls approximately 2-inches in diameter and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Do not over bake.
- Serve warm.
- Should there be any left overs, they freeze very well.