Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
i love these cheese puffs. they are really wonderful with drinks and gluten free to boot - something i can offer a coeliac friend so they don't feel left out like they normally do. however, i've found that everyone i've offered them to loves them. i even made them when i went to london, and now my friend there can't stop eating them (or making them either). they are really cheesey and have a great chewy texture. tapioca flour is easily obtainable from asian grocery stores and the other items are pantry staples.
- 4 cups tapioca flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F.
- Bring the milk, salt and butter to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour onto the tapioca flour, stirring constantly until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the cheese and eggs.
- Knead until smooth.
- Roll into balls approximately 2-inches in diameter and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Do not over bake.
- Serve warm.
- Should there be any left overs, they freeze very well.
Excellent, just don't undercook. When it said don't overcook I was a bit paranoid and took them out too early.
Easy and quick to make. All my friends and family love them.
I think I did something wrong because the dough was really sticky and the insides were really chewy. I also think it was a little bland. I added Dried jalapenos to the last batch and they tasted better. I added more time to decrease the rubbery insides but think it might have been because of the size. I might have made them to large. Do you have any suggestions?