1/1 Photo of Brazilian Cheese Bread ( Pao De Queijo )
1 hr 5 mins
Chef Glaucia's Note:
These yummy gluten/wheat free breads are good for those with Celiac disease or gluten intolerance. They are the best served hot from the oven :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2Put the tapioca flour in a large bowl. Set aside.
- 3Pour canola oil, water, milk, and salt into a small saucepan, and place over high heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat immediately, and stir in tapioca flour, mixing with a wooden spoon. Set aside to rest for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4Stir the cheese and eggs into the tapioca mixture until well combined. The mixture will be chunky. With wet hands, form 1 TBSP-sized balls of the mixture onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Bake in preheated oven until the tops are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 6Enjoy !
- 7Note: The dough can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. The balls can be frozen and taken to the oven right from the freezer.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Cheese Bread ( Pao De Queijo )
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 104.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: