Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Little fudge balls rolled in chocolate! These are the Brazilian equivalent of cookies or brownies. I stole this recipe from http://www.chefleticia.com/ - The Brazilian Kitchen.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 3 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles or 1 cup crushed nuts or 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Combine milk, butter, heavy cream, and corn syrup in medium sauce pan and bring to gentle boil over medium heat.
- As soon as mixture begins to bubble, add chocolate and coca powder, whisking vigorously.
- Reduce heat to low, cook for 8-10 minutes until a dense, fudgy batter, whisking continuously. It will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and develop little bubble holes.
- Slide out mixture into a bowl and let cool to room temperature; then cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Scoop mixture by the teaspoonful, shape into balls and roll in your choice of sprinkles, nuts or coconut. (optional! place in small cupcake holders for more sophisticated look)
- Store in airtight plastic container for up to 2 days at room temperature, or up to one month in the refrigerator.