Prep 10 hrs
Cook 1 min
A traditional Brazilian Dish with many versions. this one is mine...
- 250 g black beans, soaked for 8-12 hours
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100 g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 100 g smoked bacon, diced
- 2 pork chops, cut into bitesize pieces
- 3 lamb chops, trimmed
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ancho chili, soaked for 30 minutes and skin removed
- 3 sprigs parsley
- Soak the beans in your finest water for 8 hours or overnight, then rinse and put to the boil in fresh water.
- skim of foam once it rises.
- meanwhile cut your meat and vegatables.
- fry the bacon until it renders its fat and crisps.
- add to the beans.
- then fry the chorizo and add to the stew.
- in the same fat still fry the lamb and pork and add to the stew.
- quickly fry the onion and garlic and add to the stew as you go.
- then add the carrot, tomato and spices.
- simmer the stew quietly for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- then serve sprinking parsley on top, yummy!