1/1 Photo of Brazilian Black Bean Soup
Saw this on another recipe site. When I started this recipe I didn't read it all through.(like I should have) Found it missing some key items. This is what I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped and divided
- 1 -2 carrot, diced
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, more if you like it spicier
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, half of the garlic and carrots.
- 3Season with cumin.
- 4Cook stirring until onion and carrots are tender.
- 5Stir in remaining garlic and the red pepper.
- 6Continue cooking till tender.
- 7Add beans, water broth, and orange juice.
- 8Season with cayenne.
- 9Place 1/2 or more of mixture in blender or food processor.
- 10Process until smooth.
- 11Return puree to pan.
- 12Simmer 10-15 minutes to blend flavors.
- 13Serve in bowls.
- 14Garnish with sour cream.
- 15Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: