Food and Wine Magazine, June /07 issue. This is a Steve Raichlen recipe, he uses a Brazilian lager but American stouts are okay. There is a 4 hour marinating time. I found this recipe to be very intriguing because it had many different ingredients. I especially liked the caraway seeds and the sweet paprika. Can't wait to try! Update: 09/24/07 - this is very, very good! Instead of an anise flavored beer (Brazilian beer) they used an American beer. I had this at Lima's house, whe is a Brazilian nurse here at the home and she had a small get together & served this. She doesn't like the Brazilian beer either.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 slices peeled fresh ginger, smashed (1/4-inch each)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups dark lager beer (preferably Xingu Black Beer) or 2 cups stout beer (American beer is good too)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- lime wedge, for serving
- 1In a shallow dish, mix the garlic, ginger, onion, paprika, salt, black pepper, caraway seeds, green pepper, mustard, beer and oil.
- 2Add the chicken, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning a few times.
- 3Light a grill.
- 4Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill over high heat until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- 5Transfer the chicken to a platter and brush with the melted butter.
- 6Scatter the cilantro over the top and serve with lime wedges.
- 7Wonderful with baked potatoes and a green vegetable.
- 8*Xingu Black Beer is an anise-scented, bittersweet black lager from Brazil.*.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Beer Marinated Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 696.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 29.4 g