1/2 Photos of Brazilian Beef Stew (Feijoada)
4 hrs 30 mins
Ingrid Nicolich-Obregon's Note:
This dish is made in the slow cooker. I found this recipe in Cuisine at Home Feb 2011, thought of my friend, Marcia, and had to make it. It was delicious - looking forward to making it again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef stew meat, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces kielbasa, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed and pureed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- sliced jalapeno
- orange wedge
- orange zest
- 1Brown meat in oil in batches in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer meat to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 2Brown kielbasa in same skillet, 3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 3Deglaze skillet with orange juice, scraping up brown bits on bottom of pan; set aside.
- 4Combine onions, tomatoes, beans, garlic, and chili powder in a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker. Stir in browned meats and deglazing liquid. Cover slow cooker; cook on high setting until steak is fork tender, 4 hours.
- 5Add vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Garnish each serving of stew with jalapeno slices, orange wedges and zest.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Beef Stew (Feijoada)
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Sodium 429.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 31.6 g