Recipe by Dib's
You can plate this dish over egg noodles or rice if you wish. I prefer it in a bowl with warm corn tortillas which I use as scoops.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Really tasty, and it went over really well with DH, too! I made some rice to go with this, but DH preferred to eat it with some sliced avocado and warm corn tortillas. Definitely a keeper to add into my dinner rotation. Thanks for posting! Sorry, no pic -- it was late, dark, and the photos were definitely not postable, haha! Made by a fellow Merry Maid of Mayhem for Culinary Quest I
- 3 lbs beef chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large cast iron skilled over medium high heat brown beef.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the tomatoes, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Stir well.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Sprinkle with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- When mixture comes to a boil reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, around 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Stir in beans, cooking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Stir in cilantro.