1/1 Photo of Brazilian Beef and Tomatoes
2 hrs 20 mins
You can plate this dish over egg noodles or rice if you wish. I prefer it in a bowl with warm corn tortillas which I use as scoops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs beef chuck, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1In a large cast iron skilled over medium high heat brown beef.
- 2Reduce heat to medium and add the tomatoes, onion, garlic and ginger.
- 3Stir well.
- 4Stir in the coconut milk.
- 5Sprinkle with oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- 6When mixture comes to a boil reduce heat to medium low.
- 7Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is tender, around 1 and 1/2 hours.
- 8Stir in beans, cooking for an additional 15 minutes.
- 9Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 10Stir in cilantro.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Beef and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (577 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1386.4
- Calories from Fat 923
- Total Fat 102.6 g
- Saturated Fat 47.9 g
- Cholesterol 234.7 mg
- Sodium 812.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 76.3 g