14 hrs 30 mins
Nature's Cuisine's Note:
Recipe from Iara Bortolon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried kidney beans (black, pinto, etc.)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 slices raw bacon, chopped
- 1/4 lb sirloin (or any other raw meat(approximately 8-10 1-inch cubes)
- 1Beans (Soaking): Rinse and sort beans. Cook beans with water in the pressure cooker for 30-40 minutes (I like to soak overnight, then cook for several hours in a crock pot).
- 2Marinade: Combine all marinade ingredients. Marinade meat for an hour or two.
- 3Onion Mixture: In frying pan, add oil. Cook onion, garlic and meat cubes.
- 4After meat is cooked, reserve about 1/4 of mixture for the rice (reserving the large pieces of meat for the beans).
- 5Beans: Add bacon to pan with onion mixture.
- 6After bacon is cooked, add the cooked beans and some water until it is a little thick (I like to add all the frying pan ingredients to the crock pot and cook for several more hours).
- 7Rice: Bring water to boiling. Add rice, salt and reserved onion mixture. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 542.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g