Recipe by Chef Otaktay
"Bananas are baked in a citrus sauce then topped with coconut before serving in this tropical treat."
Top Review by Chef RioRick
Exceptional recipe - I was a chef in a Brazilian restaurant in Rio de Janeriro for 4+ years, and we had a similar recipe using either mango or grapefruit juice! Rick Needham Harrisburg, PA
- 6 medium bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place the bananas into the baking dish. Combine the orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and salt in a pitcher or bowl; pour over the bananas. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with coconut before serving.