Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
"Bananas are baked in a citrus sauce then topped with coconut before serving in this tropical treat."
- 6 medium bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place the bananas into the baking dish. Combine the orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and salt in a pitcher or bowl; pour over the bananas. Dot with butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with coconut before serving.
Exceptional recipe - I was a chef in a Brazilian restaurant in Rio de Janeriro for 4+ years, and we had a similar recipe using either mango or grapefruit juice! Rick Needham Harrisburg, PA
This surprised me because I don't usually like this sort of dessert but we all loved this. Yummy with vanilla ice cream or by itself. The banana does sometimes turn black - I don't know why. It tastes great anyway.
Just tried this. My husband gave it the 4 stars. When you make this and try to remove from the pan for serving, realize that it is very delicate. You need to use 2 forks, etc to get it out. Also, during baking, the banana will turn black in areas. When you place on dish for serving, spoon some of the liquid onto the dish. Very nice dish. This is about 3 points under weight watchers.