Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Desserts made of cooked bananas are popular all over the world. This version from Brazil, where bananas are a major crop, is a great desset for lunch or dinner.
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium bananas, firm and ripe
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- rind of one lime, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- In a shallow microwavable glass baking dish or pie plate, mix butter, brown sugar and lemon juice. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir well.
- Peel bananas and cut them in half crosswise. Slice each lengthwise. Arrange 8 pieces in a single layer in the sugar mixture, turning them over once to coat. Put cinnamon sticks and lime peel around the banana pieces.'.
- Microwave on HIGH, uncovered for 2 minutes. Baste the bananas with the sauce. Microwave on HIGH for 1 or 2 more minutes, or until the bananas are soft.
- Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coconut and serve warm with the sauce.
I made this for one and couldn't wait to try it, anxiously standing by the microwave !! I love cooked bananas and way prefer to eat them cooked than just peel and eat a raw one. I left out the coconut as I am not a fan. This was a yummy dessert !!
Yummylicious and bright flavors shine in this dish. A really lovely dish that made my family happy I am in ZWT mode once again. For [IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/Mayana_2006/ZWTShadyLadiessmallbanner.jpg[/IMG]
Easy and delicious! The blend of flavors was great. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7