Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pure ambrosia. Tinted a beautiful, pale-green, this South American dessert is irresistible on a hot summer's day. And since avocado is a fruit, and not a vegetable, it makes perfect sense to use it in this way. Enjoy! Cooking time refers to the time it takes to chill.
- Peel, pit and roughly chop the avocado.
- An easy way to remove the pit: after halving the avocado, with a flick of the wrist, plunge a knife into the pit, then give a slight twist and remove.
- Place avocado flesh into a blender with the lemon or lime juice, and puree until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, and with an electric mixer, gradually blend in the sugar-- slowly, slowly does it.
- Then add cream and salt (just a little salt at a time, tasting as you go, to avoid over-salting), and blend further until well mixed.
- Distribute mixture between 6 stemmed glasses and chill at least 4 hours in the fridge.
- (Freeze it if you wish, but it is nicer just chilled).