Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich! Use your egg whites for meringues or angel food cakes and freeze them!
- 1 liter coconut milk
- 500 g coconut, fresh, finely grated
- 24 egg yolks, beaten
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 500 g sugar
- In a bowl, beat the coconut milk, grated coconut, egg yolks and sugar.
- Grease a ring pan with unsalted butter and dust the pan with flour or cornstarch, pour the mixture into the prepared tube pan and let it rest for 40 minutes.
- Place the form in a bain-Marie and bake at 350º F until a knife inserted into the mixture comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- You can also pour the batter into 12 or more molds that have been buttered and dusted in flour or cornstarch, and cook those in a bain- Marie.
- When done, allow to cool, then reverse onto a plate. Serve or chill and serve.