1/1 Photo of Brazil Nut Shortbread
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
A really good, really rich South Amercian cookie, great with coffee or chocolate. From Leith's Latin American Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grind the Brazil nuts finely.
- 3Beat the butter until fluffy, add the sugar and beat until fluffy again--do beat adequately.
- 4Sift in the flours and the nuts and work to a smooth dough.
- 5Cover a baking sheet with parchment.
- 6place a 6" flan ring or tart form on the cookie sheet to use as a guide.
- 7Press the dough onto the sheet inside the ring to form a neat 6" inch circle.
- 8Remove the ring and flatten the dought slightly with a rolling pin.
- 9Prick the circle of dough with a fork and score it into eight wedges.
- 10Sprinkle with a little granulated sugar and bake for forty minutes.
- 11Remove from the oven and cut along the score lines and leave to cool for two minutes.
- 12Lift onto a rack and cool completely.
- 13If they don't get immediately eaten, store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazil Nut Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g