1/1 Photo of Brazil Nut Shortbread
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
A really good, really rich South Amercian cookie, great with coffee or chocolate. From Leith's Latin American Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grind the Brazil nuts finely.
- 3Beat the butter until fluffy, add the sugar and beat until fluffy again--do beat adequately.
- 4Sift in the flours and the nuts and work to a smooth dough.
- 5Cover a baking sheet with parchment.
- 6place a 6" flan ring or tart form on the cookie sheet to use as a guide.
- 7Press the dough onto the sheet inside the ring to form a neat 6" inch circle.
- 8Remove the ring and flatten the dought slightly with a rolling pin.
- 9Prick the circle of dough with a fork and score it into eight wedges.
- 10Sprinkle with a little granulated sugar and bake for forty minutes.
- 11Remove from the oven and cut along the score lines and leave to cool for two minutes.
- 12Lift onto a rack and cool completely.
- 13If they don't get immediately eaten, store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazil Nut Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 2.8 g