A really good, really rich South Amercian cookie, great with coffee or chocolate. From Leith's Latin American Cooking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grind the Brazil nuts finely.
- Beat the butter until fluffy, add the sugar and beat until fluffy again--do beat adequately.
- Sift in the flours and the nuts and work to a smooth dough.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment.
- place a 6" flan ring or tart form on the cookie sheet to use as a guide.
- Press the dough onto the sheet inside the ring to form a neat 6" inch circle.
- Remove the ring and flatten the dought slightly with a rolling pin.
- Prick the circle of dough with a fork and score it into eight wedges.
- Sprinkle with a little granulated sugar and bake for forty minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut along the score lines and leave to cool for two minutes.
- Lift onto a rack and cool completely.
- If they don't get immediately eaten, store in an airtight container.