Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of an old favorite generally served on hot puddings as a garnish. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1⁄3 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cream (more if needed)
- 2⁄3 cup brazil nut, shelled and crushed
- Cream butter; add sugar gradually, beating well.
- Add salt, cream and nuts; continue beating until you get a light texture.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.