Chef #200170's Note:
This is a recipe from the Ultramind Solution workbook. It is a gluten free/dairy free breakfast/snack bar. It goes great along side a banana for breakfast. It is tasty, healthy and very filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup natural smooth cashew butter
- 1 1/2 cups whole brazil nuts
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup dried organic cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups gluten-free crispy brown rice cereal
- 1Lightly coat 9" x 13" baking dish with grapeseed oil. Set aside.
- 2In the bowl of a food processor, add Brazil nuts and pulse until nuts are ground into a fine powder. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add the pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, cranberries, cinnamon, and cereal to the bowl.
- 4In a large saucepan on the stove, add the cashew butter and honey and heat until very hot and bubbling.
- 5Transfer this mixture to the mixing bowl and mix together using a wooden spoon.
- 6Immediately press mixture firmly into the baking dish (wear rubber gloves if needed).
- 7Let cool in refridgerator.
- 8Cut into 16 pieces and serve.
- 9Wrap each bar individually with wax paper and store in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazil Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smooth cashew butter