Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Brazil exports a lot of hearts of palm. If you can find it fresh, so much the better. If canned, you should rinse it if is salty.
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup hearts of palm, sliced (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled
For the basil dressing
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf (packed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- In salad bowl, layer tomatoes, hearts of palm, olives and feta.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash the basil leaves and salt together. Add the pepper, olive oil and lime juice, mix well.
- Drizzle basil dressing over salad.