Mme M's Note:
If you can get cassava, you can make this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the cassava, cut it in small pieces and cook it in water until soft.
- 2When it's soft, mash it, mixing it with the stock little by little.
- 3A mixture or a food processor gives excellent results.
- 4Use the clearest, best quality stock you can.
- 5Meanwhile, steam some crab – use water with some lemon.
- 6Or, just use flaked crab meat.
- 7Make sure there are no cartilage pieces.
- 8Season the cassava in stock, now add the crab meat.
- 9Let the crabmeat heat up in the hot soup.
- 10Pour into a tureen or individual bowls, and sprinkle with salt and pepper and a few drops of olive oil.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazil, Cassava Cream With Crab, a Soup
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 849.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.4 g