Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you can get cassava, you can make this recipe.
- 1 lb cassava
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat
- olive oil
- Peel the cassava, cut it in small pieces and cook it in water until soft.
- When it's soft, mash it, mixing it with the stock little by little.
- A mixture or a food processor gives excellent results.
- Use the clearest, best quality stock you can.
- Meanwhile, steam some crab – use water with some lemon.
- Or, just use flaked crab meat.
- Make sure there are no cartilage pieces.
- Season the cassava in stock, now add the crab meat.
- Let the crabmeat heat up in the hot soup.
- Pour into a tureen or individual bowls, and sprinkle with salt and pepper and a few drops of olive oil.