Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
This is part of the Veg society's 2006 "sinners" christmas menu. It needs a good flavoured brie so buy the best you can afford. if you need to "ripen" the brie i.e. it dosent have much smell when you get it you can leave it at room temp for 2 - 3 days to ripen
For the soup
- 20 g cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 200 g ripe brie cheese, cubed
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml single cream
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices French baguettes, cut on diagonal
- 6 tablespoons cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all soup ingredients in a blender and whizz. Strain. Soup can now be stored for upto 1 day.
- When ready to serve toast bread and top with cranberry sauce.
- Heat soup in a heavy based saucepan, stirring well. Gradually bring to boil and simmer for one minute.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and with a cranberry boat floating in the soup.