Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This does not include the ravioli filling, unfortunately. Untried as of posting date, so may be edited after I try it. Tghe trick is making the brown butter sauce. I cannot find a recipe for the braised beef filled ravioli, the only recipes available call for store-bought beef ravioli, so you're on your own there. I suggest using a brasato recipe using chuck to make the pasta filling, which is what I plan to do.
- 1 lb beef ravioli
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced in small cubes and roasted (directions below)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 -14 sage leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 -2 tablespoon white wine vinegar (preferably champagne vinegar)
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus1 tbsp. chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook ravioli in boiling water according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a large saute pan until it begins to brown, then add roasted sweet potatoes and sage, heat through.
- Add chicken stock, vinegar, and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and reduce to a thin sauce consistency.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter in pieces, whisking to make emulsion. Season to taste. Add well-drained cooked ravioli and reheat 20 seconds. Divide ravioli on serving plates and top with remaining sauce. Garnish with cheese and parsley before serving.
- Roasted Sweet Potato.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine diced sweet potato, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl, toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on shallow baking sheet.
- Roast in oven about 15 minutes, or until tender and golden brown.