Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and easy weekday meal, and a tricky way to sneak peas into a kids diet! To spice this up bit, try using a tomato sauce like Barilla's Tomato and Basil and hot italian sausage. If you like pink sauce, you can also add more cream. Overall, this is a tasty, easy dish!
- Cook sausage in a large frying pan, until well browned. Drain fat.
- Pour tomato sauce and broth on top of sausage and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add peas and cream and cook for 1 1/2 minutes more.
- Fill a large saucepan 2/3 full with salted water. Bring to a boil.
- Add rigatoni. Bring water back to a boil and cook uncovered until rigatoni is al dente (tender but firm to the bite).
- Place a single serving of pasta on a plate, and top with as much sauce as you like!
- Serve immediately.
- Grated Parmigiano cheese may be added at table, if desired.
My boys (and I) loved this simple recipe. I used my own tomato sauce and this made a quick and easy supper. I added a little extra cream and served it over some tri-color noodles. Made for 1-2-3 Wonders.
I love how quick and simple this is to make on a busy night not to mention how delicious. I used hot Italian sausage which gave it a nice little bite. My family enjoyed this one a lot. Thanks for sharing!
We thoroughly enjoyed this dish. It's quick and easy and we loved the combination of flavors. I used hot Italian sausage and it complimented the sauce very nicely. Great comfort food and I can't wait to make it again. Thanks so much for sharing it, Cooks4_6. It's a keeper!