Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like to butter one slice of bread, put spread on other and make a sandwich of this spread. A slice of onion on the sandwich just makes it that much better.
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 lb braunschweiger sausage (cubed)
- 1⁄4 medium sweet onion
- 1 celery rib (diced small)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Mix all ingredients in food processor till smooth.
- Use on bread to make sandwich or use on crackers like a dip.
This might serve 6 in some people's houses, but in mine, it served 1: ME. Very good. I prefer things to have some texture, so rather than zap it in a food processor, I just stirred it all together and had it with thick slices of onion on rye bread. Next time I think I'll try replacing the Tabasco sauce with a Chinese garlic chili sauce that I normally have around. Thanks for a great recipe.