Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was given to me by an old neighbor who has since passed away. I think of her every time I make it.
- 1 lb braunschweiger sausage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- chopped green olives or black olives
- Mix all except frosting ingredients together and shape into a ball.
- Mix the 5 oz.
- cream cheese, Worcestershire and tobasco together, and"frost" the ball.
- Roll in olives.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Great with crackers.
This is a very good recipe! I followed the sausage ingredients exactly as the recipe states. Then I divided it in half and made two rolls instead of balls. One roll was frosted exactly as your recipe states. For the second one, I substituted chopped jalapeno peppers for the green olives. Served them with snack crackers. We loved it both ways! This is a keeper for us because we love Braunschwieger sausage. Thanks, Annie, for sharing this recipe!!
darlene uses 1 tablesppon of worchestershire sauce ans a sash of toabasco grat stufff thanks for posting
I made this in the shape of an christmas tree and frosted it with the cream cheese. I used sliced green olives as the ornaments. It was a big hit at work. Thank you