Recipe by Leslie in Texas
Originally from a local Methodist church's cookbookbook, published over 20 years ago. If you like braunschwiger, you'll love this! This may be made ahead and frozen.Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 8 ounces braunschweiger sausage, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 small onion, finely diced or grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- chopped parsley or pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix braunschweiger,Worcestershire sauce,catsup,and onion in the bowl of a food processor until well blended.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to shape into a ball. (overnight in the refrigerator or 2-3 hours in the freezer).
- Shape mixture into a ball, spread with the cream cheese, and roll in either chopped parsley or pecans.
- Serve with your favorite crackers. (Triscuit deli-rye are really good with this!).