I adopted this recipe, and some other German recipes, in honor of my old neighbor who was a wonderful cook!
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in eggs, milk and orange rind.
- 3Stir together baking powder, spices, salt and flour.
- 4Mix into sugar mixture.
- 5Stir in raisins and nuts, if desired.
- 6Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees F. about 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.
- 8Remove from baking sheets and cool cookies on rack.
- 9Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braune Zucker Platzchen (Brown Sugar Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 133.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g