Recipe by Julesong
When I first found this recipe, I was a bit dubious. All doubts were erased when I made them for dinner: this is a very tasty burger! It was a hit with both my husband and me. Give it a try! :) Braunschweiger Sausage is also known as liver sausage or liverwurst. It makes for a wonderfully smooth and flavorful burger.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb braunschweiger sausage, at room temperature, 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped purple onions or 3 tablespoons red onions
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish or 2 tablespoons grated dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, each about 3/4-inch thick.
- Broil or grill the patties 4-inches from the heat, turning once, until the desired doneness is reached, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Personally, I think this burger goes nicely with a bleu cheese dressing, tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, and thinly sliced onion on a big, crusty bun. :).