1/1 Photo of Bratwurst-Wisconsin Style
It seems that everyone has their own ideas of how to cook Bratwurst. I'm a "Sausageholic" & this has always worked for me. Everyone loves it & it is SOOOOOOO simple!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place Brats, Butter & sliced onion in a decent size kettle.
- 2Pour in the Beer & the Water. (You can use only Beer -- just be sure the Brats are covered, completely).
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat & cover.
- 5Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat, but DO NOT remove cover until ready to grill!
- 7Get your grill ready & when it is ready, drain the Brats (reserving liquid) & put on the grill & cook until golden brown. (Place them back into the warm Beer & cover to keep them warm, if needed).
- 8Serve with or w/o a bun, with Kraut, chopped Onion &/or some Silver Springs Horseradish-style Brat mustard (NOT that bright yellow Stuff -- YUK) Be sure to have some extra ice cold brewski's to enjoy the Brats!
- 9This recipe can be adjusted either way, to fit your needs!
- 10You can also broil these if the weather won't permit grilling.
- 11These go VERY good with Potato Pancakes .
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bratwurst-Wisconsin Style
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.0
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 807.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 12.5 g